Pirsum Judaica Torah Aliyah Plaques Set of 20
- Includes set of 20 plaques
- Give new honor and meaning to being called to the Torah
- Can be used in Aliyah auctions or otherwise distributed
- These elegant Plaques are available in silver and gold finishes
- Includes a compact storage zippered case
- Auction of Aliyos. (Especially on Yom Tov days) before the Torah is taken from the Ark, the Gabbai or another designated individual announces that the Aliyos will now be sold to the highest bidder. The Aliyo is announced and the bidding begins. When the bidding stops, that individual has won the rights of taking the Aliyo for himself or giving it to another. He is awarded the corresponding plaque, which he either holds on to for himself or instructs the one giving it to him to rather bestow the honor to so and so who then receives the plaque. Then the next Aliyo is sold.
- (Mainly on Shabbos, if auction is not done). The Gabbai decides who will be getting the Aliyos to the Torah, and before the Torah is taken out, goes around the Shul distributing the plaques to the chosen ones. This gives a feeling of importance to the receivers, and alerts them to be ready for the particular Aliya clearly engraved on the plaque. When he gets an Aliya he then returns the plaque to the gabbai.
There are 20 plaques in a set. The Aliyah is engraved in both Hebrew and English with an appropriate design.
The set includes:
|Kohen||Shishi||Sefer Sheini||Glilah 1|
|Levi||Shvii||Sefer Shlishi||Glilah 2|
|Shlishi||Acharon||Hagbah 1||Glilah 3|
|Revii||Maftir||Hagbah 2||Kol haniarim|
|Chamishi||Psicha||Hagbah 3||Ato horaisa|